Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sign #4 MR & MRS KEMPSON!


This board underwent many changes in the creative process. I did several sketches before beginning the illustration. I began by dressing the foxes with a tux and gown in a "wedding cake topper" pose. I thought they looked very unnatural, like humans with fox heads, because they were wearing to many clothes. So I began undressing them so that they could be free! I gave the groom a yellow tie (like the one Jordan will be wearing) and a veil and bouquet of flowers to the bride. I wanted to capture the fun and movement of "An Outing for Foxes" so these two are either running to the ceremony or running from it about to embark on a new life together :)


Creating these boards was so much fun! I am so thankful for the opportunity and I hope that the future Mr and Mrs Kempson are blessed by them.

4 comments:

  1. Natalie-I think this turned out grand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too, Debbie!!! These foxes are headed for good things! I can tell you for sure wherever they are going will soon be busting with some of their joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping me persevere! It was fun staying up late with coffee, friends and good conversation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, I absolutely LOVE all of these. They are amazing as you are my sweet friend :-)

    ReplyDelete