Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Roots of Perseverance

A couple weeks ago I had time carved out to paint and I didn't feel any sort of inspiration. Knowing that I needed to keep producing and persevering, I forced myself to paint something small and simple: a radish. I decided that from then on, every time I felt uninspired I would paint a vegetable (or a root.) I call them "The Roots of Perseverance."

A couple days ago I (unfortunately) painted "The Rutabaga of Perseverance." The previous radish I titled, "The Disciplined Radish." One day I might have a whole collection of persevering vegetables :)

2 comments:

  1. very good and anything you produce is fun for us to see. keep on persevering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of the subject in this painting.

    "This, is a root."

    It's not incredible or amazing, but to me it's still very pretty.

    ReplyDelete