Thursday, November 6, 2014

Over the Moon

Hello! Sometime I will post before and after pictures of our home. We recently moved into a fixer upper and that has been taking up a lot of time! A whole "nother" creative process. My husband and I are expecting in 5 weeks and we currently have 8 rooms under construction. I look forward to things coming together and getting to "nest" like these owls.

This illustration was a special kind of commission. I painted the image so the commissioner could purchase a print! So, I still have the original : ) It will be going up for sale soon!

After creating a personalizable print for Minted.com I thought it would be fun to make one of my own! This print is customizable with the couple's initials, baby's initials or baby's birth date.

You can order this print at my shop!

Here is a look at the process:

Inked and textured with colored pencil
First layer with yellow ochre
Adding color. The colors always look very unbalanced to begin with!
Finished painting
Customized close-up on print!

No comments:

Post a Comment